Monday, April 12, 2010

Freelance Career Starts Next Monday


So, I'm quitting my job this week, Friday is my last day. I will be starting my freelancing career! I have to say I'm a bit nervous about the obvious things like money, but I'm going to try to stay positive and work through it. Hopefully I can kick my butt into gear and try to get over what's going down at work and focus on what is happening here in my life, a new beginning/ a new chapter. I'm currently reading a great book from Michelle Goodman called the My So-Called Freelance Life to advise me through the start up of my freelance life. Its a great read so far. She is also known for her first book, The Anti 9-to-5 Guide.


Do-to list to start Davey Designs
1. Design business cards, just a few cause I need to wait until I have my most desired url. Expiration date already on the iPod Touch calendar.
2. Design up Davey Design's Design brief, and Letter of Agreement forms.
3. Start sketch for new website design.
4. Clean the Office
5. Make a list of clients I want to work for.

No comments:

Post a Comment