Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Marian Bantjes


Marian Bantjes: Intricate beauty by design | Video on TED.com

I like watching TED videos because they are just so inspiring. I watched this one the other day about Marian Banties. I know her work from my sister Jessica, or from when I went to see Stefan Sagmeister speak in Charlotte, NC at an AIGA event; I'm not sure what came first but her sugar designs (above) are fantastic. As for this video she does get carried away in the first couple minutes with her slide show, yet in the end it comes together. Marian Banties reminded me that a little time for your personal or commercial designs can go a long way. Not only because you can end up with a great piece, but because of how happy it makes you to do what you really want to do: to is create something for you with the time you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment